I recently download the new Google Photos app for iOS, and I noticed that my photos are merely uploaded when I take the app opened and in focus.

Background app refresh is on for the app.

Is there another setting I can tweak to make information technology upload fifty-fifty when I'm not using information technology? Otherwise I demand to recall to open up information technology from time to time to have my pictures safely backed upwardly.

Is this a limitation in iOS that cannot be worked around? Is it something that should be programmed in the app itself and it's not?

asked May 31, 2015 at 0:51

user avatar

2

  • I had the same consequence, just the one.0.one release, which came out yesterday, seemed to gear up it for me

    May 31, 2015 at 2:51

  • I take the ane.0.one simply doesn't seem to upload information technology when running in background... I tried Google+, it works. However I wish Google Photograph piece of work equally I do not apply Google+

    user130685

    Jun v, 2015 at ten:nineteen

3 Answers 3

But make certain the app refresh feature is enabled for Google Photos, enable machine-sync and when you're on wifi AND your phone is plugged in to a power source...it will keep to backup. Main event people have is not having your iPhone plugged in. :)

answered Jun five, 2015 at 16:38

user avatar

6

  • Where does it say it needs to exist plugged in?

    Nov 13, 2015 at 14:44

  • I installed Google Photos 1.v.0.31340, and it inconsistently experiences the same problematic symptoms described in the above question. I've tried all the suggestions @Cenner mentions in the above answer, and the simply thing that consistently works is to run Google Photos in the foreground, without locking my iPhone. I'one thousand running iOS eight.four (12H143).

    Nov 29, 2015 at 17:50

  • In case it makes a difference: I'm employing the "Original / full resolution" photos upload option.

    Nov 29, 2015 at 18:18

  • I've also tried @Marking's suggestion (in another respond), and closing and re-opening Google Photos. The only thing I can remember of I haven't yet tried is rebooting my iPhone.

    Nov 29, 2015 at twenty:22

  • My iphone has sync enabled, is on wifi and plugged in every night, but has failed to sync for several days now. You lot have to have the app open up, or enable 'Background App Refresh' as per the other answer.

    May 20, 2018 at 10:44

So I was experiencing the same effect and turning off background app refresh in for Google Photos under the settings app and then turning it back on seemed to do the trick for me. Also when telephone is in ability saving manner background upload also disabled.enter image description here

user avatar

answered Jun 18, 2015 at 4:16

user avatar

Google Photos does not car upload when camera capture a photo; and then you demand open Google Photos to browse the anthology, then setup allow background refresh for Google Photos.

answered Nov nine, 2017 at 6:37

user avatar

Yous must log in to reply this question.

Not the reply you lot're looking for? Browse other questions tagged iphone ios photos .